Yule Log Ceremony
The Yule Log Ceremony at the College of William and Mary is held annually. The president of the university reads How the Grinch Stole Christmas and the Vice President of Student Affairs traditionally reads "Twas the Night Before Finals." After the readings and performances by the William and Mary Choir and a cappella group The Gentlemen of the College, a log is passed through the crowd with students touching the log for good luck for the rest of finals. The log is then lit and students walk through the Great Hall of the Wren Building and throw a sprig of holly on the fire to throw their cares away.
- 2005 Yule Log Ceremony mixes revelry and reflection, W&M News, December 20, 2005.
- A Yule log tradition, June 19, 2006.
- Cider and cressets: A student's perspective on Yule Log, L.H. Brumfield, W&M News, December 19, 2007
- W&M community gathers 'round the Yule Log, December 22, 2008.
- Yule Log- Only 2 weeks away!, Tour Guides Blog