The Reverend Dr. William Archer Rutherfoord Goodwin (June 18, 1869 - September 7, 1939) (or W.A.R. Goodwin as he preferred) was the rector of Bruton Parish Church who began the 20th century effort which resulted in the preservation and restoration of Colonial Williamsburg. He is known as "the Father of Colonial Williamsburg."
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- W.A.R. Goodwin in the SCRC Collections Database.
Questions? Contact the SCRC at email@example.com or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary (hours). Contact information for individual staff members is available.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|