Difference between revisions of "W.A.R. Goodwin"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (created stub)
Line 16: Line 16:
[[Category:General Stub]] [[Category:Williamsburg]][[Category:Biographical Sketch]]
[[Category:General Stub|Goodwin, W.A.R.]] [[Category:Williamsburg|Goodwin, W.A.R.]][[Category:Biographical Sketch|Goodwin, W.A.R.]]

Revision as of 00:08, 7 September 2009

The Reverend Dr. William Archer Rutherfoord Goodwin (June 18, 1869 - September 7, 1939) (or W.A.R. Goodwin as he preferred) was the rector of Bruton Parish Church who began the 20th century effort which resulted in the preservation and restoration of Colonial Williamsburg. He is known as "the Father of Colonial Williamsburg."

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

Need help?

To search for further material, see Finding Materials in the SCRC for an introduction to the SCRC Collections Database, card catalogs, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, etc.

Questions? Contact the SCRC at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary (hours). Contact information for individual staff members is available.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.