Trinkle Hall was a temporary structure added to the Dining Hall in 1920. It burned on June 6, 1925 after a fire at the Penniman Building damaged the Dining Hall. The old Dining Hall was enveloped and renovated to become Trinkle Hall in 1926 at a cost of $150,000 with a capacity to seat 900 to 1,000 people. The Board of Visitors approved of the name "Trinkle" for the new dining hall in honor of Governor E. Lee Trinkle who responded so promptly with funding for its construction. Charles M. Robinson was the architect hired for the design.
Circa 1941, a sound system was installed in Trinkle Hall and a bookstore and soda shop (both owned and operated by the College of William and Mary) became part of the new dining hall circa 1942-1943. Trinkle Hall was remodeled and redecorated in Fall 1950 and the bookstore moved into Taliaferro Hall around that same time. The soda shop was discontinued circa 1960 when the Campus Center opened.
Trinkle Hall was renovated into a pub for dances and bands in 1984, with alcohol sales restricted to the Campus Center. In October of that year, Trinkle Hall became a part of the Campus Center, with the name "Trinkle Hall" being reserved for the large room in the old Trinkle Hall.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Trinkle Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia