Traditions and Legends
From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 11:25, 13 April 2007 by 220.127.116.11 (New page: At the College of William and Mary, there is a great number of secret locations, rumors, activities, and urban legends. == Locations == *Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Boathouse, and W...)
At the College of William and Mary, there is a great number of secret locations, rumors, activities, and urban legends.
- Lake Matoaka Ampitheatre, Boathouse, and Woods
- Echo Point at the Tyler Family Busts: if a person stands at the precise center of the circle, with his back at the 3 busts of the Tyler family and facing Blair Hall and speaks, the speaker alone experiences a strange acoustic phenomenon and hears his words reverberated and amplified.
- Greenhouse on the roof of Millington Hall
- Observatory on the roof of Small Physics Building
- Jamestown Road Tunnel
- Underground Steam Tunnels
- Triathalon: (1) Jump the wall of the Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg and/or run through the maze of the Governor's Palace, (2) Swim (sometimes naked) in the Crim Dell, (3) streak across the Sunken Gardens.
- Spring Blow-Out: Imbibe in large quantities of alcohol to celebrate the last day of classes in the spring semester. Graduating seniors may also visit their freshman dorms and toast their first dorm room. The college has severly condemned both these activities and provide alcohol-free alternatives to commemorate the final day of classes.