Track and Field
The earliest reference to an organized Track and Field team at William & Mary can be found in the 1906 Colonial Echo yearbook. The 1905 and 1903 yearbooks mention a field day held at William & Mary, but no further information is provided. There is a handbill from a late 19th century field day competition for students at William and Mary in the Athletics Department Records in the Special Collections Research Center, but it appears to have been the sole competition of the year.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Department of Athletics Records,in SCRC Database
- Colonial Echo, 1899-present
- University Archives Photograph Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
- Search for track in the SCRC Collections Database.
- Colonial Echo yearbook, 1906, 1905, 1903
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|