Difference between revisions of "Tiberius Gracchus Jones Prize"
m (Text replacement - "[[Category:College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
[[Category:William Mary Awards and Honors]][[Category:Students]][[Category:College Stub]]
Latest revision as of 16:06, 9 September 2019
Tiberius Gracchus Jones Prize
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
References in the The Flat Hat, William & Mary News, and Alumni Gazette:
- Prize given to W&M FH, 11/23/1927, pg. 2.
- Papers to be submitted by April 10th FH, 3/2/1928, pg. 10.
- Time extension made FH, 4/16/1928, pg. 3.
- Nine scholarships offered by Citizens’ Military Training Camps FH, 5/3/1928, pg. 3.
- Conditions for award announced FH, 3/22/1929, pg. 2.
- Offered for best compositions FH, 10/25/1929, pg. 10.
- Memorial literature prize given to College FH, 4/11/1930, pg. 4.
- Prize offered to students in English FH, 1/16/1931, pg. 9.
- Literary prize FH, 5/1/1931, pg. 8.
- Literary contest is to end in May FH, 4/5/1932, pg. 1.
- Essay deadline for literary award FH, 4/25/1933, pg. 2.
- Deadline for Jones Literary Prize Set FH, 5/17/1938, pg. 1.
- W&M awards literary prizes FH, 3/15/1944, pg. 1.
- Awarded to Mildred Oliver ’45 AG, Oct. 1944, pg. 2.
- College gives Literary prize FH, 10/24/1945, pg. 3.
- College announces essay competition FH, 2/20/1946, pg. 3.
- Landrum sets Literary Prize deadline FH, 5/1/1946, pg. 3.
- Student will receive Jones prize for best piece of writing FH, 3/23/1948, pg. 4.
- Awarded to Sallie Ross for Creativity, 1951, W&M Alumni Magazine, March, 2009, p. 41.
- Jones sets deadline in literary contest FH, 4/28/1953, pg. 3.
- Students compete for prize FH, 5/21/1957, pg. 8.
- Entries due FH, 5/18/1962, pg. 2.
- Literary award FH, 5/3/1963, pg. 1.
- Given to Neal L. Walters AG, June 1984, pg. 23.
- Matthew Farrell wins prize for best written piece AG, May 1988, pg. 23 (picture).
- Robert T. Lowry recognized with award AG, June 1990, pg. 12 (picture).
- Four prizes to be awarded in conjunction with Literary Festival WMN, 3/4/1992, pg. 2.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|