Thomas Charles Millington

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 17:14, 9 September 2019 by Sjbelmont (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Swem Library, College of William and Mary" to "Swem Library, William & Mary")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Thomas Millington (1816-1853) is the artist of the well-known drawings of the Brafferton, Wren Building, and President's House circa 1840s-1850, the multiple versions of which are known as the Millington print. The various versions of the Millington print were based upon a wash drawing. He was the son of College of William and Mary professor John Millington.

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

  • Thomas Charles Millington in the SCRC database.
  • Original lithographs, reprints of the lithographs, and photographs of the lithographs and wash drawing are housed in the University Archives Photograph Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.
  • The original of the wash drawing is housed in the University Archives Artifact Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.
  • Versions of the lithograph of the Millington Print of the William and Mary campus and the original wash drawing of Duke of Gloucester Street can be found in the John Millington Papers, Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, William & Mary.


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.