Thiemes House, once located on Richmond Road across from Blow Memorial Hall was the home of the William and Mary Human Resources Department.
At one time the house was a Dining Room and Inn run by Mr. & Mrs. A.K. Thieme. They advertised in the Flat Hat circa 1947-1950. A menu of the restaurant, circa 1950, can be found in the SCRC's Williamsburg (Va.) Ephemera Collection.
In 2011 Thiemes House was raised to make room for Tribe Square.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Adair Gymnasium. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|