The Gallery

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 15:50, 9 May 2008 by Acschi (talk | contribs) (New page: The Gallery was formerly The Gallery of Writing. Information gathered by students in LCST 201 "Constructing the News" about some College publications including The Gallery is available at ...)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Gallery was formerly The Gallery of Writing. Information gathered by students in LCST 201 "Constructing the News" about some College publications including The Gallery is available at the course Wiki.

Since the late 1960s, students have frequently produced newspapers and other publications, including literary and creative journals, without official college sanction. The earliest one in the University Archives is The Owl, consisting of one issue published in 1854 by students at the college. The satirical and humorous Fat Head, distributed by The Flat Hat writers, has been in existence since at least 1939. The Special Collections Research Center also keeps copies of current alternative newspapers and publications.

Electronic versions of the DSJ is available online at http://dspace.swem.wm.edu/dspace/handle/10288/18.