Taliaferro Hall is a dormitory located on Jamestown Road between the Campus Center and the Old Bookstore. The building has served as a dormitory, bookstore, and tea room since its completion in June 1935. Plans for the building were first presented to the Board of Visitors in 1931, who approved of the plans and accepted a bid from J.W. Davis of Newport News for $62,810. The architect hired to design the building was J. Binford Walford. The construction of the building was made possible by a PWA grant and loan of $650,000. It was initially intended to serve as a men's dormitory but it presently functions as a co-ed freshman dormitory. It has a capacity to hold 60 students.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Taliaferro Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia