Difference between revisions of "Richmond Professional Institute"
(added vcu digital collections link; digitized social work theses)
m (Text replacement - "[[Category:College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
[[Category:William Mary Academic Department]][[Category:William Mary Associated and Branch Campuses]][[Category:Ref]][[Category:College Stub]]
Latest revision as of 16:06, 9 September 2019
The Richmond School of Social Work and Public Health of the was established in 1917. In 1925 it became the Richmond Division of the College of William and Mary. In 1939 the division was known as the Richmond Professional Institute.
It separated from William and Mary and came under state control in 1962. The Medical College of Virginia and the Richmond Professional Institute merged in 1968 to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- To search for further material, see Finding Materials in the SCRC for an introduction to the SCRC Collections Database.
- Richmond Professional Institute search results from the SCRC Collections Database.
- See also the records of various College of William and Mary administrative offices including the Board of Visitors, Presidents, Deans, etc.
- Many serial publications published as part of William and Mary's Bulletin Series, including RPI's catalogs, announcements, etc. have been cataloged and are searchable in Swem Library's online catalog. All are available in Swem Library's Special Collections.
- Theses written by students in the social work program can be found by searching the Swem Library catalog by call number LD6051.W5m Soc. Wk. (which will be followed by [year], [item number]). These theses were also digitized and are available by browsing or searching the William & Mary Digital Archive.
- SCRC Collections Database and Library catalog.
- RPI Student Newspapers collection http://dig.library.vcu.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/rps from Virginia Commonwealth University. The collection contains issues of The Atlas (1929-1939), the student newspaper of the Richmond School of Social Work and Public Health, a division of the College of William and Mary, and Proscript (1939-1969), the student newspaper of the Richmond Professional Institute
- Special Collections and Archives at VCU Libraries.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|