Richmond Professional Institute

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Richmond School of Social Work and Public Health of the was established in 1917. In 1925 it became the Richmond Division of the College of William and Mary. In 1939 the division was known as the Richmond Professional Institute.

It separated from William and Mary and came under state control in 1962. The Medical College of Virginia and the Richmond Professional Institute merged in 1968 to form Virginia Commonwealth University.[1]

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

  • To search for further material, see Finding Materials in the SCRC for an introduction to the SCRC Collections Database.
  • Richmond Professional Institute search results from the SCRC Collections Database.
  • See also the records of various College of William and Mary administrative offices including the Board of Visitors, Presidents, Deans, etc.
  • Many serial publications published as part of William and Mary's Bulletin Series, including RPI's catalogs, announcements, etc. have been cataloged and are searchable in Swem Library's online catalog. All are available in Swem Library's Special Collections.
  • Theses written by students in the social work program can be found by searching the Swem Library catalog by call number LD6051.W5m Soc. Wk. (which will be followed by [year], [item number]). These theses were also digitized and are available by browsing or searching the William & Mary Digital Archive.

References


External Links

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.