Tyler Hall, now known as the Wendy and Emery Reves Center for International Studies, was built in 1916 across Jamestown Road from the main campus of the College of William and Mary although students at the College petitioned against its construction. It was originally intended as a women's dormitory.
A temporary annex was added to the building in 1920 but was torn down in 1927. The annex was damaged in the fire that broke out in the Penniman Building in 1925. The Board of Visitors approved the construction of a greenhouse in Tyler Hall in June 1926. Tyler Hall housed an infirmary on its third floor from 1928 to 1929. On February 10, 1930, the dormitory reverted back to housing only men.
Tyler Hall closed as a dormitory in 1981 but was reconstructed and renamed as the Reves Center.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Tyler Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia