The Mullen House of the College of William and Mary is located at 197 Armistead Avenue, on the east side. It is the home to the Delta Phi. Omega Alpha Chapter fraternity. The house was built between June 1920 and March 1924 (Aerial photos).
1929--The Board of Visitors authorizes purchase of "the house belonging to Miss Geneva Mullen, which adjoins our property that extends from Richmond Road to Prince George Street at the sum of $12,000,..." (J.A.C. Chandler to Harry F. Byrd, June 12, 1929 in 1982.45 under Budget-Property)
Purchase authorized by Governor June 14, 1929..."a house and lot, the property of Miss Genevieve M. Mullin." (E.R. Combs, Comptroller to J.A.C. Chandler June 18, 1929)
Purchased June 29 (Consolidated Land Register; Deed Book 13 p. 538)
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- A guide specifically for researching topics related to William & Mary is available.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Mullen House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|