The Morris House is located across Jamestown Road from Ewell Hall (Old Phi Beta Kappa Hall) on the site of the old College Bookstore. It was ten room frame house used in 1925 for women's housing and was purchased by the College of William and Mary in 1928. It was paid for by C.W., Inc. and the Paradise House was transferred to C.W. on July 1, 1929, canceling the indebtedness of the College for $15,000 on the Morris House. The building was purchased from Mattie C. Morris, who retained possession and occupancy of the first floor until her death in 1940.
The Morris House had a capacity to house twenty-four individuals and was used to house male students (the first students to live there in several years) in 1946. In more recent history, it housed football players and had a front porch. It was listed as a dormitory in 1951, was owned by the Endowment Fund in 1958, and stayed in use until 1964, when it was torn down and the College Bookstore was built in its place.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Morris House. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia