Methodist Parsonage

From Special Collections Wiki
Revision as of 16:00, 23 October 2007 by Emotoo (talk | contribs) (New page: ''Methodist Parsonage'' Location: 225 Richmond Road, north side.2 story frame. Lot #12 1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915) 1928--Purchased by ...)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Methodist Parsonage

Location: 225 Richmond Road, north side.2 story frame. Lot #12

1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915)

1928--Purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from Methodist Episcopal Church, South, July 22, 1918

1929--Purchased by College for $10,000 (from Williamsburg Holding Corporation), alterations and repairs $5,126.61 also due to W.H.C. (Robert Lecky, Jr. to JACC, Sept. 26, 1929, 1982.45 under Budget-Property). Deeded to W.A.R. Goodwin July 22, 1928 by trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Williamsburg. Conveyed to Williamsburg Holding Corp, August 1, 1928. Purchased by College by Oct. 10, 1929 (1982.60 under Property-Sales/Purchases-Deed Transactions) Includes Binns House (torn down 1979) and lot, 616 Prince George Street.

PHOTOGRAPHS

1987--houses music department offices (WMN, 8/26/1987, 1)

1989--sold to Presbyterian church

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Methodist Parsonage, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.