Difference between revisions of "Methodist Parsonage"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "[[Category:College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
Line 19: Line 19:
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings Past]]
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:William & Mary Buildings Past]]

Revision as of 16:06, 9 September 2019

Methodist Parsonage

Constructed: pre-1911

Acquired by the College: 1929

Previous names: Kappa Alpha House

Map it for me

The Methodist Parsonage is located at 225 Richmond Road on the north side. It is a 2 story frame building on Lot #12.

1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915)

1928--Purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from Methodist Episcopal Church, South, July 22, 1918

1929--Purchased by the College of William and Mary for $10,000 (from Williamsburg Holding Corporation), alterations and repairs $5,126.61 also due to W.H.C. (Robert Lecky, Jr. to JACC, Sept. 26, 1929, 1982.45 under Budget-Property). Deeded to W.A.R. Goodwin July 22, 1928 by trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Williamsburg. Conveyed to Williamsburg Holding Corp, August 1, 1928. Purchased by College by Oct. 10, 1929 (1982.60 under Property-Sales/Purchases-Deed Transactions) Includes Binns House (torn down 1979) and lot, 616 Prince George Street.

1987--houses Music Department offices (WMN, 8/26/1987, 1)

1989--sold to Presbyterian church


  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Methodist Parsonage, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.