Difference between revisions of "Methodist Parsonage"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 1: Line 1:
''Methodist Parsonage''
+
The '''Methodist Parsonage''' is located at 225 Richmond Road on the north side. It is a 2 story frame building on Lot #12.
 
 
Location:    225 Richmond Road, north side.2 story frame.    Lot #12
 
  
 
1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo,  1912,  1913,  1914, 1915)
 
1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo,  1912,  1913,  1914, 1915)
Line 7: Line 5:
 
1928--Purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from Methodist Episcopal Church, South, July 22, 1918
 
1928--Purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from Methodist Episcopal Church, South, July 22, 1918
  
1929--Purchased by College for $10,000 (from Williamsburg Holding Corporation), alterations and repairs $5,126.61 also due to W.H.C. (Robert Lecky, Jr. to JACC, Sept. 26, 1929, 1982.45 under Budget-Property).  Deeded to W.A.R. Goodwin July 22, 1928 by trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Williamsburg.  Conveyed to Williamsburg Holding Corp, August 1, 1928.  Purchased by College by Oct. 10, 1929  (1982.60 under  Property-Sales/Purchases-Deed Transactions)    Includes Binns House (torn down 1979) and lot, 616 Prince George Street.
+
1929--Purchased by the [[College of William and Mary]] for $10,000 (from Williamsburg Holding Corporation), alterations and repairs $5,126.61 also due to W.H.C. (Robert Lecky, Jr. to JACC, Sept. 26, 1929, 1982.45 under Budget-Property).  Deeded to W.A.R. Goodwin July 22, 1928 by trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Williamsburg.  Conveyed to Williamsburg Holding Corp, August 1, 1928.  Purchased by College by Oct. 10, 1929  (1982.60 under  Property-Sales/Purchases-Deed Transactions)    Includes Binns House (torn down 1979) and lot, 616 Prince George Street.
  
 
==Photographs==
 
==Photographs==
  
1987--houses music department offices (WMN, 8/26/1987,  1)
+
1987--houses [[Music Department]] offices (WMN, 8/26/1987,  1)
  
 
1989--sold to Presbyterian church
 
1989--sold to Presbyterian church
Line 19: Line 17:
  
  
----
+
{| border="1" class="wikitable" style="margin: 1em auto 1em auto"
 +
|-
 +
! style="background:#228844" align="center" |A note about the information in this wiki
 +
|-
 +
| |Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm access tools] for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.
 +
|}
 +
 
 
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]]
 
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]]

Revision as of 12:36, 21 April 2009

The Methodist Parsonage is located at 225 Richmond Road on the north side. It is a 2 story frame building on Lot #12.

1911-1915--Kappa Alpha House (Colonial Echo, 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915)

1928--Purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from Methodist Episcopal Church, South, July 22, 1918

1929--Purchased by the College of William and Mary for $10,000 (from Williamsburg Holding Corporation), alterations and repairs $5,126.61 also due to W.H.C. (Robert Lecky, Jr. to JACC, Sept. 26, 1929, 1982.45 under Budget-Property). Deeded to W.A.R. Goodwin July 22, 1928 by trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church South, Williamsburg. Conveyed to Williamsburg Holding Corp, August 1, 1928. Purchased by College by Oct. 10, 1929 (1982.60 under Property-Sales/Purchases-Deed Transactions) Includes Binns House (torn down 1979) and lot, 616 Prince George Street.

Photographs

1987--houses Music Department offices (WMN, 8/26/1987, 1)

1989--sold to Presbyterian church

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Methodist Parsonage, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.


A note about the information in this wiki
Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.