Library Science

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Library Science Department

The Library Science Department at the College of William and Mary was established in 1931, after the Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools established standards for secondary school libraries. According to Mae Graham, acting head of the department, the department was the only accredited institution in Virginia by the American Library Association. (Graham)

References

  • Mae Graham, "Library Science at William and Mary," Alumni Gazette 10.4(1943): 7, 25-26. University Archives Subject File, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary.