Library Science Department
The Library Science Department at the College of William and Mary was established in 1931, after the Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools established standards for secondary school libraries. According to Mae Graham, acting head of the department, the department was the only accredited institution in Virginia by the American Library Association. (Graham)
- Mae Graham, "Library Science at William and Mary," Alumni Gazette 10.4(1943): 7, 25-26.