Landrum Hall is a women's dormitory located on Landrum Drive (formerly Old Campus Road) and west of Chandler Hall. The college awarded a contract of $669,730 to C.L. Lewis and Company of Lynchburg in 1957 for the construction of Landrum Hall. The plans for Landrum Hall included a large recreation room in the basement a lounge and lobby on the first floor, an elevator, and a capacity to house 185 women. Construction was completed in 1958 and the dormitory was able to house 217 freshman girls in double rooms with adjoining suite bathrooms.
The Board of Visitors decided to name the hall for Grace Warren Landrum (d. 1951), the dean of women and a professor of English from 1927 to 1947. The dedication ceremony was held on February 9, 1959.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Landrum Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia