The Lambert House is located at 312 Jamestown Road, south side, across from Barrett Hall at the College of William and Mary. It is a 2 story frame house built circa 1921. In 1923 the house was purchased by Nu Chapter House Corporation from Charles H. Matthews (July 23, 1923, UA. Acc. 1982.60 under Property Sales/Purchases). In 1933 it was purchased by William and Mary. (B.D. Peachy to J.A.C. Chandler, January 21, 1933, UA Acc. 1982.45 under Budget-Property; Deed Book 15, p. 398, June 15, 1933) In 1938-1939 it was used by Phi Alpha (1939 Colonial Echo). In 1939-1940 the house was used by Kappa Sigma (1940 Colonial Echo; UA Acc. 1979.35 under Fraternities, 1940-41—Report). As of 2007, the building housed the University Relations offices.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- 1922-Colonial Echo, p. 209
- 1922, 1926, 1927—Colonial Echo, shown as Kappa Sigma House
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Lambert House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|