Difference between revisions of "Lambert House"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "[[Category: College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
Line 14: Line 14:
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]]
[[Category:William & Mary Buildings]]

Revision as of 15:34, 9 September 2019

Lambert House ca. 2010

Constructed: ca. 1921

Acquired by the College: 1933

Map it for me

The Lambert House is located at 312 Jamestown Road, south side, across from Barrett Hall at the College of William and Mary. It is a 2 story frame house built circa 1921. In 1923, the house was purchased by Nu Chapter House Corporation from Charles H. Matthews (July 23, 1923, UA. Acc. 1982.60 under Property Sales/Purchases). In 1933, it was purchased by William and Mary. (B.D. Peachy to J.A.C. Chandler, January 21, 1933, UA Acc. 1982.45 under Budget-Property; Deed Book 15, p. 398, June 15, 1933) From 1938-1939, it was used by Phi Alpha (1939 Colonial Echo). Kappa Sigma lived there from 1939-1940 (1940 Colonial Echo; UA Acc. 1979.35 under Fraternities, 1940-41—Report). As of 2016, the building houses the University Events Office and the Office of First Year Experience.

Material in the Special Collections Research Center


  • 1922-Colonial Echo, p. 209
  • 1922, 1926, 1927—Colonial Echo, shown as Kappa Sigma House


  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Lambert House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.