Difference between revisions of "Joseph W. Montgomery Strength Training Center"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
m (John Sauer update)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
"Designed by strength and conditioning coach John Sauer in 1995, the '''Joseph W. Montgomery Strength Training''' Center is located in the lower level of [[William and Mary Hall]]. This 5,000-square foot facility contains 12,000 pounds of free weights, 5,000 pounds of dumbbells and 3,200 pounds of rubber bumper plates. In addition it has 12 custom built olympic platforms, 16 multipurpose power racks, four bench press and incline stations, a fully equipped plyometric area and also a wide variety of selectorized machines. The facility is named after Joseph W. Montgomery, former All-American center for the Tribe football squad in the early 1970's, whose generous donation allowed the construction of the center."[http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/1357]
 
"Designed by strength and conditioning coach John Sauer in 1995, the '''Joseph W. Montgomery Strength Training''' Center is located in the lower level of [[William and Mary Hall]]. This 5,000-square foot facility contains 12,000 pounds of free weights, 5,000 pounds of dumbbells and 3,200 pounds of rubber bumper plates. In addition it has 12 custom built olympic platforms, 16 multipurpose power racks, four bench press and incline stations, a fully equipped plyometric area and also a wide variety of selectorized machines. The facility is named after Joseph W. Montgomery, former All-American center for the Tribe football squad in the early 1970's, whose generous donation allowed the construction of the center."[http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/1357]
  
==Need help?==
+
"William and Mary’s Director of Speed, Strength and Conditioning, John Sauer, was recently recognized for his 22 years of service to the Tribe’s athletics program, as the College named its new training area in his honor at the conclusion of the annual football alumni banquet.
To search for further material, see [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm Finding Materials in the SCRC] for an introduction to the [http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/ SCRC Collections Database], card catalogs, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, etc.  
 
  
Questions? Contact the SCRC at spcoll@wm.edu or 221-3090, or visit the [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/ Special Collections Research Center] in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary ([http://www.swem.wm.edu/scrc hours]).
+
"The John Sauer Speed and Conditioning Room, located within the Montgomery Strength Training Center on the lower level of William and Mary Hall, is a 2,500-square foot training area that was brought on-line this spring (2010) and expands the Tribe’s total training area to approximately 8,500-square feet."[http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/10516/]
  
 +
==References==
 +
*[http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/1357 Joseph W. Montgomery Strength Training Center], 1 January 2000.
 +
*[http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/10516/ College’s New Training Center Named After John Sauer], 8 July 2010.
 +
 +
{{helpmsg}}
 +
{{infodisclaimer}}
  
{| border="1" class="wikitable" style="margin: 1em auto 1em auto"
 
|-
 
! style="background:#228844" |A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
 
|-
 
| |Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm access tools] for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.
 
|}
 
 
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings|Montgomery Strength Training Center]][[Category:College of William and Mary Athletics|Montgomery Strength Training Center]]
 
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings|Montgomery Strength Training Center]][[Category:College of William and Mary Athletics|Montgomery Strength Training Center]]

Revision as of 16:25, 8 July 2010

"Designed by strength and conditioning coach John Sauer in 1995, the Joseph W. Montgomery Strength Training Center is located in the lower level of William and Mary Hall. This 5,000-square foot facility contains 12,000 pounds of free weights, 5,000 pounds of dumbbells and 3,200 pounds of rubber bumper plates. In addition it has 12 custom built olympic platforms, 16 multipurpose power racks, four bench press and incline stations, a fully equipped plyometric area and also a wide variety of selectorized machines. The facility is named after Joseph W. Montgomery, former All-American center for the Tribe football squad in the early 1970's, whose generous donation allowed the construction of the center."[1]

"William and Mary’s Director of Speed, Strength and Conditioning, John Sauer, was recently recognized for his 22 years of service to the Tribe’s athletics program, as the College named its new training area in his honor at the conclusion of the annual football alumni banquet.

"The John Sauer Speed and Conditioning Room, located within the Montgomery Strength Training Center on the lower level of William and Mary Hall, is a 2,500-square foot training area that was brought on-line this spring (2010) and expands the Tribe’s total training area to approximately 8,500-square feet."[2]

References


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.