Jones Hall or Hugh Jones Hall is located on Ukrop Way between Small Hall and Morton Hall. It contains the Computer Center and the School of Education. It was built between 1968 and 1969 and opened for the 1969 summer session with 25 classrooms and 60,000 square feet of space. The Computer Center was located in the basement, the Math Department on the main floor, philosophy and government on the second floor, and business administration on the third floor.
The academic building was named in honor of Professor Hugh Jones of Natural Philospohy and Mathematics (1717-1721) on Charter Day, February 7, 1970. The School of Education replaced the Philosophy Department in 1976, which moved out of Jones Hall and into New Rogers Hall. During the summer of that same year, the second floor was renovated and additional offices and testing and observation rooms were constructed for the School of Education.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007). Jones Hall. Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia