Difference between revisions of "John Randolph Tucker"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(imported from Archon)
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
John Randolph Tucker was born December 24, 1823 in Winchester, Va.  He was the son of Henry St. George Tucker and grandson of St. George Tucker. He graduated with a law degree from the University of Virginia in 1844.  In addition to practicing law, he served as Attorney General of Virginia (1857-1865), as a member of the U. S. House of Representatives (1875-1887), and taught at Washington and Lee University beginning in 1888, serving as Dean of the Law School from 1893-1897.  Tucker also served as president of the Virginia Bar Association (1891-1892) and the American Bar Association (1894). He died in 1897 in Lexington, Va.
  
 
{{archoncreatorlink|id=1011|name=John Randolph Tucker}}
 
{{archoncreatorlink|id=1011|name=John Randolph Tucker}}

Latest revision as of 09:12, 3 August 2016

John Randolph Tucker was born December 24, 1823 in Winchester, Va. He was the son of Henry St. George Tucker and grandson of St. George Tucker. He graduated with a law degree from the University of Virginia in 1844. In addition to practicing law, he served as Attorney General of Virginia (1857-1865), as a member of the U. S. House of Representatives (1875-1887), and taught at Washington and Lee University beginning in 1888, serving as Dean of the Law School from 1893-1897. Tucker also served as president of the Virginia Bar Association (1891-1892) and the American Bar Association (1894). He died in 1897 in Lexington, Va.

John Randolph Tucker in the SCRC database.

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.