Difference between revisions of "Jimmye Laycock Football Center"
m (Text replacement - "[[Category:College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
[[Category:William Mary Buildings|Laycock Football Center]][[Category:William Mary Athletics|Laycock Football Center]]
Latest revision as of 15:55, 9 September 2019
This project provided a new 27,000 GSF facility, which includes a team locker room with associated equipment and training rooms, coach's offices, and two 80-yard practice fields. The facility is located at 101 Gooch Drive, adjacent to the northwest corner of Zable Stadium.
- Cost: $11 million
- Fund Source - 9D debt & Private Funds
- New GSF: 27,000
- Start Date: November 2006
- Finish Date: January 2008
- Design Team: Moseley Architects
- Contractor: W.M. Jordan Co.
- Steve Wasilefsky, Project Manager
- Anna Martin, Vice President, Administration
- Martha Sheets, Senior Planner
- Robert Dillman, Associate Vice-President, Facilities Management
- Wayne Boy, Associate Director of Facilities Planning, Design, and Construction
- Dave Shepard, Associate Director of Maintenance/Operations, Facilities Management
- Joseph Martinez, Deputy Associate Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction
- Lynda Butler, Vice Dean and Chancellor, School of Law
- Terry Driscoll, Director, Athletic Department
- Robb Dunn, Associate Athletic Director, Facilities and Operations, Athletic Department
- Jimmye Laycock, Head Football Coach, Athletic Department
- Stephen Cole, Assistant Director for Health Services, Athletic Department
- Andy Carter, Associate Athletic Trainer, Athletic Department
- Jerry Fife, Head Equipment Manager, Athletic Department
- Sarah Stafford, Student.Construction site
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Archaeological survey of the proposed Jimmye Laycock football training facility, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, Birkett, Courtney J. Williamsburg, Va. : William and Mary Center for Archaeological Research, 2006. Archives Books call number: F234 .W7 B57 2006.
- Photos of the open house from the SCRC's Flickr page.
- Jimmye Laycock Football Center, accessed 27 August 2007.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|