Janet Haldane Coleman Kimbrough (1902-1992)
This page is currently under construction. Please check back for updates. 12/17/2018.
Dr. Janet Coleman Kimbrough was the daughter of Mary Haldane Begg Coleman (1875-1967) and George Preston Coleman, mayor of Williamsburg. George P. Coleman was a direct descendant of St. George Tucker of Williamsburg, Virginia. She was also the granddaughter of Cynthia Beverley Tucker Washington Coleman. She married Raymond Kimbrough and they had a daughter,Cynthia Barlowe.
Dr. Kimbrough was a member of the first class of women at the College of William and Mary entering in 1918. After graduation in 1921 she went to medical school, returning to Williamsburg as an active member of the community and supporter of the College of William and Mary.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Cynthia Barlowe and Raymond Kimbrough Collection in SCRC Database
- A brief outline of the Tucker family: history and ancestry of the branch of which St. George Tucker of Williamsburg was a member, by Janet Coleman Kimbrough in SCRC Rare Books
- Janet Coleman Kimbrough Oral History in SCRC Digital Archive
In the News
- W&M, 100 Years of Women: The Anniversary Story Janet Haldane Coleman Kimbrough
- Mary Comes to the College with William, various blogs featuring Janet Haldane Coleman Kimbrough
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at email@example.com or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|