Difference between revisions of "Ice Cream Parlor"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
m (Text replacement - "[[Category:College of William and Mary" to "[[Category:William & Mary")
 
Line 16: Line 16:
 
{{infodisclaimer}}
 
{{infodisclaimer}}
  
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings Past]]
+
[[Category:William & Mary Buildings]][[Category:William & Mary Buildings Past]]

Latest revision as of 15:52, 9 September 2019

Ice Cream Parlor

Constructed: circa 1905-1910

Acquired by the College: 1973

Renovated: 1976

Demolished: 1978

Map it for me

The Ice Cream Parlor owned by the College of William and Mary was located at 261 Richmond Road. It was a two-story frame house, approximately 33' x'24', 22' x 18', 2000 sq. ft., constructed circa 1905-1910. It was the next house east of Thiemes House (303), Lot #19.

In 1973, the Ice Cream Parlor was purchased by William & Mary. (Board of Visitors, April 17, 1973, p. 459; May 18-18, 1973, p.8-9; Deed July 5, 1973 from Thomas D. Savage and Thomas W. Wood for Consolidated Land Register). In 1976, the building was to be repaired and used for temporary office space (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 106). In 1978, the building was demolished (Acc. 1986.16 under Property--Consolidated Land Register).

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Ice Cream Parlor, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.