Ice Cream Parlor
The Ice Cream Parlor owned by the College of William and Mary was located at 261 Richmond Road. It was a two-story frame house, approximately 33' x'24', 22' x 18', 2000 sq. ft., constructed circa 1905-1910. It was the next house east of Thiemes House (303), Lot #19.
In 1973 the Ice Cream Parlor was purchased by William & Mary. (Board of Visitors, April 17, 1973, p. 459; May 18-18, 1973, p.8-9; Deed July 5, 1973 from Thomas D. Savage and Thomas W. Wood for Consolidated Land Register). In 1976 the building was to be repaired and used for temporary office space (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 106). In 1978 the building was demolished (Acc. 1986.16 under Property--Consolidated Land Register).
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Board of Visitors Records
- Acc. 1983.70--Facilities Planning and Construction, Razing of Houses, Photographs
- Guide for doing research related to the College of William & Mary
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Ice Cream Parlor, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|