Hamilton House at the College of William and Mary is also known as Quadrangle Lot/ J. T. Baldwin Memorial Garden. It is located at the north side of Richmond Road, east of Kappa Kappa Gamma, Corner of North Boundary and Richmond Road. In 1931, it was purchased from Colonial Williamsburg (Williamsburg, Holding Corp.), rented out (BOV, Feb. 1931, P. 274) (Deed recorded 1935-Dead Book 16, p. 155) In 1934, the Board agreed to sell Hamilton Property to Williamsburg Restoration, Inc. (BOV, May 1934, p.5) for the original price of $25,000. Williamsburg Restoration withdraws offer (BOV, June 1934, p.62) in 1935, it is purchased from WIlliamsburg Restoration, Inc., 3/14/1935 (WMSBG, Deed Book 16-155)
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Hamilton House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- 1903 Colonial Echo, p.112 (photograph).
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|