1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55
1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)
C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11
1927-Purchased (BofV, February 1928, p. 180; from J.A.C. Chandler--Lot #5 purchased October 1927, 1982.45 under Budget-Graham House) 1928-29-1987-Phi Mu House
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Grammar School, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.