Grammar School

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 09:10, 18 October 2007 by Emotoo (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Grammar School

1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55

1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)

C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11


  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Grammar School, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.