Difference between revisions of "Grammar School"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Undo revision 2475 by Tlbabb (Talk))
m
Line 1: Line 1:
''Grammar School''
+
The '''Grammar School''' at the [[College of William and Mary]].
  
 
1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account  
 
1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account  
Line 8: Line 8:
 
the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)
 
the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)
  
C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College  (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11
+
C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College  (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11)
  
 
==References==
 
==References==
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Grammar School'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Grammar School'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
  
 +
{{helpmsg}}
 +
{{infodisclaimer}}
  
----
+
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings Past]][[Category:College Stub Building Box Needed‏‎]][[Category:College Stub]]
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]]
 

Revision as of 14:42, 8 April 2012

The Grammar School at the College of William and Mary.

1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55

1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)

C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11)

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Grammar School, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.