Difference between revisions of "Grammar School"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(New page: ''Grammar School'' 1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55 1697--letter from trustees of t...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
''Grammar School''
 
''Grammar School''
  
1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55
+
1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account  
1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)
+
to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55
C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College  (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11
+
 
 +
1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a
 +
grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch  
 +
the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)
 +
 
 +
C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College  (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11
 +
 
 +
==References==
 +
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Grammar School'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
----
 +
[[Category: College of William and Mary Buildings]]

Revision as of 09:10, 18 October 2007

Grammar School

1694~"To Col. Wm Brown for repairing ye school house 45 0 0 in College Building Account to Apr 1697," in Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 55

1697--letter from trustees of the College to Gov. Edmund Andros, April 22, "We have founded a grammar school wch is well furnisht wth a good Schoolmaster Usher and Writing-master in wch the schollrs make great proficiency in their studies..." (Goodwin Historical Notes, p. 54)

C.1705-C. 1712--Grammar school continued in a school-house near the College (Goodwin, Sketch of Main Building, 11

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Grammar School, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.