Glenn Close (born 1947) is an award-winning actress.
Ms. Close attended the College of William and Mary where she was involved in campus theatrical productions through the Dept. of Theatre, Speech, and Dance and the Common Glory. She graduated in 1974 a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Close was the 1989 Commencement speaker.
Productions at William & Mary
- 1970: Twelfth Night--Ophelia
- 1971: Man of La Mancha--Antonia; You Can't Take It With You--Alice
- 1972: The Miser--Francine; Antony and Cleopatra--Cleopatra, also a small part as a boy
- 1973: Brigadoon--Fiona MacLaren; The Trojan Women--Hecuba; The Sea Gull--Irini Nikolayevna Arkadina; The House of Bernarda Alba--Bernarda
- 1974: Anything Goes--Charity; The Alchemist--Dol Common
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Close Glenn in the SCRC database.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|