Delta Phi. Omega Alpha Chapter

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Delta Phi/Mullen House

Constructed: 1920-1924

Acquired by the College: 1929

Map it for me

Delta Phi men's social fraternity was founded at Union College, Schenectady, New York on November 18, 1827. The Omega Alpha Chapter located at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia was chartered in 1987. Over 150 members have been initiated into this chapter since it was established. In recent years the fraternity has won numerous awards including William and Mary's Most Outstanding Chapter in 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2006; and awards for Excellence in Scholarship, Service, Member Recruitment, Member Education and Risk Management. Brothers have also been individually recognized as"Outstanding New Member" and "Outstanding Greek Man." Delta Phi is located in the Mullen Houseat 197 Armistead Avenue, next to Sorority Court. The house is owned by the College and and was designated as Delta Phi's chapter house in the spring of 1994. In accordance with national tradition, the fraternity house is named St. Elmo's, after the patron saint of the fraternity. Additional Informatiomn about the Chapter is available at http//www.wm.edu/so/deltaphi/.

Delta Phi. Omega Alpha Chapter in the SCRC database.

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.