Delta Gamma House

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 16:43, 9 September 2019 by Sjbelmont (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "at the College of William and Mary" to "at William & Mary")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Delta Gamma House

Acquired by the College: 1928

Previous Names: Graham House #2, Richmond Road Dormitory (1932-1940), Gamma Phi Beta House (1940-1986)

Map it for me

The Delta Gamma House at William & Mary was also known as Graham House #2 and the George H Graham House. It was located at 129 Richmond Road. In 1927, it was purchased by the Williamsburg Holding from W.A.R. Goodwin for $13,000.00. (Acc. 1982.45 under Budget-Graham House) On December 2, 1931, it was purchased by the College from the Williamsburg Holding Corporation. From 1932 through 1940, it was the Richmond Road Dormitory. From 1940-1986, it was the Gamma Phi Beta House. (C.J. Duke to Marian E. Craft, May 20, 1940, Acc. 1979.35 under Fraternities-1939-40) In 1986, it became home to the Delta Gamma.


  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Graham House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

  • 1905 Catalogue, p. 52
  • The Flat Hat student newspaper; search the index available in the SCRC by person's name, student group name, event, or topical heading.
  • Colonial Echo yearbook
  • A guide specifically for those researching topics related to William & Mary is available; researchers will find the "People & Groups" tab of particular use.

External Links

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.