Delta Gamma House
The Delta Gamma House at the College of William and Mary was also known as Graham House #2 and George H Graham House. It was located at 129 Richmond Road. In 1927 it was purchased by the Williamsburg Holding from W.A.R. Goodwin for $13,000.00. (Acc. 1982.45 under Budget-Graham House) In 1928 it was to be purchased by William and Mary from Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. (Williamsburg Holding Corp.) (Board of Visitors, November 28, 1928, p. 196) It was Lot #4. It was rented until 1931. Repairs cost $16,325.75. It was veneered with brick, extensive rebuilding and enlargement. (1982.45-under Budget-Graham House) On December 2, 1931 it was purchased by the College from the Williamsburg Holding Corporation. From 1932 through 1940 it was the Richmond Road Dormitory. From 1940-1986 it was the Gamma Phi Beta House. (C.J. Duke to Marian E. Craft, May 20, 1940, Acc. 1979.35 under Fraternities-1939-40) In 1986 it was the Delta Gamma House.
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Graham House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- 1905 Catalogue, p. 52
- The Flat Hat student newspaper; search the index available in the SCRC by person's name, student group name, event, or topical heading.
- Colonial Echo yearbook
- A guide specifically for those researching topics related to William & Mary is available; researchers will find the "People & Groups" tab of particular use.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|