Davis House

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 14:20, 25 June 2008 by Tlbabb (talk | contribs) (editing format)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Davis House

Location: 110 North Boundary Street

The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot. The bungalow was probably on the site of College Apartments, 112 N Boundary Street. The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928.

In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the College of William and Mary for use as faculty housing. In 1930, the College purchased the property from Williamsburg Holding Corporation.

In 1987 became the Office of Special Programs.



References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Davis House and Property, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.