Difference between revisions of "Davis House"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (editing format)
m (cleanup)
Line 1: Line 1:
''Davis House''
+
The '''Davis House''' at the [[College of William and Mary]] is located at 110 North Boundary Street. The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot.  The bungalow was probably on the site of the [[College Apartments]], 112 N Boundary Street.  The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928. In 1928, [[W.A.R. Goodwin]] purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the [[College of William and Mary]] for use as faculty housing.  In 1930, the College purchased the property from the Williamsburg Holding Corporation. In 1987 the house became the Office of Special Programs.
 
 
Location:    110 North Boundary Street
 
 
 
The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot.  The bungalow was probably on the site of [[College Apartments]], 112 N Boundary Street.  The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928.
 
 
 
In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the [[College of William and Mary]] for use as faculty housing.  In 1930, the College purchased the property from Williamsburg Holding Corporation.  
 
 
 
In 1987 became the Office of Special Programs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
==References==
 
==References==
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Davis House and Property'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Davis House and Property'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
  
 +
==Need help?== 
 +
To search for further material, see [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm Finding Materials in the SCRC] for an introduction to the [http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/ SCRC Collections Database], card catalogs, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, etc. 
 +
 +
Questions? Contact the SCRC at [mailto:spcoll@wm.edu spcoll@wm.edu] or 221-3090, or visit the [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/ Special Collections Research Center] in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary ([http://www.swem.wm.edu/scrc hours]).
  
----
+
{| border="1" class="wikitable" style="margin: 1em auto 1em auto"
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]]
+
|-
 +
! style="background:#228844" |A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
 +
|-
 +
| |Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm access tools] for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.
 +
|}
 +
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:College Stub Building Box Needed]]

Revision as of 00:02, 7 September 2009

The Davis House at the College of William and Mary is located at 110 North Boundary Street. The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot. The bungalow was probably on the site of the College Apartments, 112 N Boundary Street. The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928. In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the College of William and Mary for use as faculty housing. In 1930, the College purchased the property from the Williamsburg Holding Corporation. In 1987 the house became the Office of Special Programs.

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Davis House and Property, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.

Need help?

To search for further material, see Finding Materials in the SCRC for an introduction to the SCRC Collections Database, card catalogs, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, etc.

Questions? Contact the SCRC at spcoll@wm.edu or 221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary (hours).

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's access tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.