Difference between revisions of "Davis House"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (editing format)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Location:    110 North Boundary Street
 
Location:    110 North Boundary Street
  
July 1925-January 1928--house built between these dates  (see Aerial photos  1987.215 and P1977.333).
+
The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot.  The bungalow was probably on the site of [[College Apartments]], 112 N Boundary Street.  The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928.
  
House and Bungalow on Blacksmith LotBungalow probably on site of College Apartments,
+
In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the [[College of William and Mary]] for use as faculty housingIn 1930, the College purchased the property from Williamsburg Holding Corporation.
112 N. Boundary Street.
+
 
 +
In 1987 became the Office of Special Programs.
  
1928--purchased by W.A.R. Goodwin from E.T. Davis (W.A.R.G. to J.A.C.C, March 24, 1928, 1982.45 Budget--Property--Davis House)
 
 
.. rented by College for faculty housing (1982.45 Budget—Property--Davis House)
 
 
1930--purchased by College from Williamsburg Holding Corporation(Colonial Williamsburg), March 29, 1930. (Consolidated Land Register)
 
  
1987--Office of Special Programs (WMN, 8/26/1987, 1)
 
  
  

Revision as of 14:20, 25 June 2008

Davis House

Location: 110 North Boundary Street

The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot. The bungalow was probably on the site of College Apartments, 112 N Boundary Street. The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928.

In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the College of William and Mary for use as faculty housing. In 1930, the College purchased the property from Williamsburg Holding Corporation.

In 1987 became the Office of Special Programs.



References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Davis House and Property, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.