Difference between revisions of "Davis House"

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
Line 6: Line 6:
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Davis House and Property'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
 
*University Archives Buildings File (2007), ''Davis House and Property'', Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
  
==Need help?== 
+
{{helpmsg}}
To search for further material, see [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm Finding Materials in the SCRC] for an introduction to the [http://scrc.swem.wm.edu/ SCRC Collections Database], card catalogs, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, etc. 
+
{{infodisclaimer}}
  
Questions? Contact the SCRC at [mailto:spcoll@wm.edu spcoll@wm.edu] or 221-3090, or visit the [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/ Special Collections Research Center] in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary ([http://www.swem.wm.edu/scrc hours]).
+
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]]
 
 
{| border="1" class="wikitable" style="margin: 1em auto 1em auto"
 
|-
 
! style="background:#228844" |A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
 
|-
 
| |Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fire, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the SCRC's collections and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the SCRC's [http://swem.wm.edu/scrc/Tools.cfm access tools] for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.
 
|}
 
[[Category:College of William and Mary Buildings]][[Category:College Stub Building Box Needed]]
 

Revision as of 17:31, 23 June 2010

Davis House

Constructed: 1925

Acquired by the College: 1930

Map it for me

The Davis House at the College of William and Mary is located at 110 North Boundary Street. The property contained a house and a bungalow on the Blacksmith Lot. The bungalow was probably on the site of the College Apartments, 112 N Boundary Street. The house was probably built between July 1925 and January 1928. In 1928, W.A.R. Goodwin purchased the house from E.T. Davis and rented it to the College of William and Mary for use as faculty housing. In 1930, the College purchased the property from the Williamsburg Holding Corporation. In 1987 the house became the Office of Special Programs.

References

  • University Archives Buildings File (2007), Davis House and Property, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at William & Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.