The Creasy House at the College of William and Mary was located at 121 Richmond Road on the north side of the road, between Lacy Property at 111 Richmond Road and the Western Union Building at 125 Richmond Road. It was probably built in 1905 (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 105) and purchased in September 6, 1927 from Boyd C. and Jackie H. Creasy for $10. (1983.70 FP&C Razing of Houses; WMSBG. Deed Book 12-490, 9/6/1927) A 1927 article in The Flat Hat referenced that it was to be moved back even with the other houses on the block. (The Flat Hat, 10/8/1927, p. 5)
In the 1930s the house was rented out and it was torn down in 1976. (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 105)
- P1983.70 Facilities Planning and Construction, Razing of Houses
- University Archives Buildings File (2007), Creasy House, Earl Gregg Swem Library, The College of William and Mary.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in William & Mary Libraries Special Collections Research Center.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of William & Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|