Creasy House

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Creasy House

Constructed: 1905

Named for: Boyd C. and Jackie H. Creasy

Demolished: 1976

Map it for me

The Creasy House at the College of William and Mary was located at 121 Richmond Road on the north side of the road, between Lacy Property at 111 Richmond Road and the Western Union Building at 125 Richmond Road. It was probably built in 1905 (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 105) and purchased in September 6, 1927 from Boyd C. and Jackie H. Creasy for $10. (1983.70 FP&C Razing of Houses; WMSBG. Deed Book 12-490, 9/6/1927) A 1927 article in The Flat Hat referenced that it was to be moved back even with the other houses on the block. (The Flat Hat, 10/8/1927, p. 5)

In the 1930s, the house was rented out. It was demolished in 1976. (Board of Visitors, May 13, 1976, p. 105)

Photographs

  • P1983.70 Facilities Planning and Construction, Razing of Houses


Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.