Concerts have regularly been held at the College of William and Mary in various buildings as well as outdoors. Organizations such as the Choir, Wind Ensemble, and other similar groups have regular concerts throughout the year, while national and regional touring acts perform on campus at various times throughout the year. Special events during the year including Homecoming and Charter Day were reasons for regular concerts at the university in years past.
- Aaron Carter, March 17, 2013
William & Mary Hall
This is a partial list of just some of notable concerts at William and Mary Hall. Especially in the Hall's early years, there were multiple concerts throughout the year. Additional concerts can be found in the card catalog index to the Flat Hat in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center lobby. Try the headings "William & Mary Hall" and "Concerts."
- 1971: Sly and the Family Stone
- 1973: Grateful Dead
- 1974: Grateful Dead
- 1976 Concerts, w/captions in Colonial Echo, p.42-43 Color
- 1978 Concerts w/captions in Colonial Echo, p.294-95, BW and color; Neil Young
- 1979 Neil Young concert in Colonial Echo, p.186-87 Color
- 1980 Concerts w/captions in Colonial Echo, p.286-87 BW
- 1981 Concerts w/captions in Colonial Echo, p.194-95 BW
- 1984 Police concert in Colonial Echo, p.108-109 BW
- 1985 Concerts p.10-11 Color; Eddie Murphy in Colonial Echo, p.96-99 BW
- 1986 Concerts p.8-9 in Colonial Echo, Color; **Sting in Colonial Echo, p.84-85 BW
- 1987 The Pretenders in Colonial Echo, p.68-69 Color
- 1989 Bruce Hornsby in Colonial Echo, p.12-13 Color
- 1990 Pixies concert in Colonial Echo, p.74-75 BW; Chicago in Colonial Echo, p.78-79 BW
- 1991: Tom Petty in Colonial Echo, p.146-147 BW; Neil Young
- 1993: Nirvana concert on November 7, 1993, in 1994 Colonial Echo, p.60-61 BW
- 2011: The Roots (Charter Day Concert)
- 2012: Ben Kweller and Third Eye Blind (Charter Day Concert)
Material in the Special Collections Research Center
- Flat Hat:
- Martha and the Vandellas, Rhinoceros to give concerts FH, 10/10/69, pg 1.
- Review of Isaac Hayes concert FH, 10/20/72, pg 3.
- Flat Hat
- Colonial Echo
The SCRC welcomes various forms of support from friends and supporters. Here at the SCRC Wiki we welcome visitors to share what you may know about our collections as well as the traditions, history, and people of the College of William and Mary based on your research or personal experience.
If you would like to share your memories or what you have discovered while using the SCRC's collections, please contact us at email@example.com or 757-221-3090. We look forward to hearing from you.
To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.
|A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki|
|The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.|