College Farm

From Special Collections Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
College Farm area along Jamestown Rd,circa 1932

The College Farm of the College of William and Mary was active in the 1920s-1940s. According to a 1935 Alumni Gazette article, the farm was first organized in 1923. The farm was at the site of the present-day Phi Beta Kappa Hall, Andrews Hall, and Swem Library. During World War II, William & Mary operated a poultry plant to supplement the College Farm as a war measure on the site of the former CCC camp on campus, (site of present day William and Mary Hall .)

Material in the Special Collections Research Center

References

Need help?

To search for further material, visit the Special Collections Research Center's Search Tool List for an overview of the Special Collections Database, W&M Digital Archive, Flat Hat-William & Mary News-Alumni Gazette index, card catalogs, and other tools available to help you find material of interest in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.

Questions? Contact the Special Collections Research Center at spcoll@wm.edu or 757-221-3090, or visit the Special Collections Research Center in the Earl Gregg Swem Library at the College of William and Mary.

A Note About The Contents Of This Wiki
The information available in this wiki is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Unfortunately, many of the early original records of the College of William and Mary were destroyed by fires, military occupation, and the normal effects of time. The information available here is the best available from known documents and sources at the time it was written. Information in this wiki is not complete as new information continues to be uncovered in the Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center and elsewhere. Researchers are strongly encouraged to use the Special Collections search tools for their research as the information contained in this wiki is by no means comprehensive.