The College Cemetery is located on Blair Road, east of Blow Gymnasium (now Blow Memorial Hall). The dedication ceremony for the cemetery was held in 1859. On June 24, 1871, George Turner, a student who died of mumps, was buried there. Benjamin S. Ewell was buried there in 1894. In 1925, the graves were remarked, the wall was under construction, and the Ewell monument was erected.
Others buried within the College Cemetery are Elizabeth Ewell, Lucian Minor, Beverly S. Scott, Elizabeth Ewell Scott, Rebecca Lowndes Ewell, Thomas Sneed, a former professor at the College who died in 1872, Lucian Minor, another professor who died in 1858, and a student named Thornton.