College Camp

From Special Collections Research Center Wiki
Revision as of 09:51, 9 April 2015 by Smbookman (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

College Camp was a term used to describe the camp set up by the Virginia militia during the American Revolution from 1775-1781. It was located to the west of the Wren Building around what is today the Sunken Garden. A bronze plaque recognizing the College Camp is currently located on one of the brick columns by the steps at the head of the Sunken Garden. It was dedicated at Homecoming in 1976 and was given by the class of 1976 and the Society of the Alumni.